October Ear Candy!


I hope to turn this into a monthly feature, assuming I can stay up with a blog for that long. So, I figure I will discuss five bands that have recently caught my ear and that warrant further investigation.
5.  Sleigh Bells
A co-ed dance punk duo.  Sound familiar? Maybe.  Sleigh Bells are definitely a little rougher around the edges, to the point where sometimes I just want them to either stop singing or turn down the synth a bit.  But just watch this video, and tell me they aren’t fun.
4.  The Seatbelts
They’re Japanese.  They’re blues/jazz.  And they do the music for Cowboy Bebop.  What more could you want?  Nothing as far as I’m concerned.  So just listen to thetheme song from Cowboy Bebop, and if you don’t jam out, well then too bad I guess.
3.  Sondre Lerche
He’s Norwegian!  I’ve actually been to his hometown!  Now I am cool!  But in all seriousness, he’s so fun.  He can be really mellow, he can be real upbeat, and everything in between.  Kind of in a weird way sort of like Sufjan?  In that he’s versatile, not so much his sound.  But watch this and tell me he isn’t adorable, if a little odd.
2.  Jonsi
I was never a huge Sigur Ros fan.  Nothing against them, I think I just kind of missed the boat somehow.  But Jonsi is awesome.  It’s haunting, but hopeful at the same time, which is a really strange blend, but works really well.  Definitely worth checking out. So watch this, and ignore the scary Adam Lambert vibes and just feed your ears.
1.  Matt and Kim
Holy cow.  They are so fun.  I think I like found them on accident or something, but I am SO glad I did.  They were actually just in Dallas a couple weeks ago, and I totally should have gone, but didn’t, because a) I HATE Dallas with all my heart and b) I had no money for tickets or travel and nowhere to stay.  But watch THIS VIDEO, and imagine what it would be like to be friends with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment